The Liebster Blog Award!

Yes, I have indeed been nominated for a Liebster award by rileysmilesify at http://smilesnomatter.blogspot.co.uk/! Thanks for the nomination. 

The rules for the award are as follows:
1) See you've been nominated. Feel pleased with yourself. (Yes, this is a rule.)
2) Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominator. 
3) Realise you don't know much about yourself. 
4) Have an early mid-life crisis. 
5) Recover.
6) Write down 11 facts about yourself. Struggle to come up with anything worth reading.
7) Look up dictionary definition of "Liebster." (It means sweetest in German.)
8) Feel pleased with yourself again.
9) Choose 5-11 other bloggers to nominate for the award. I'm not doing this as I know relatively few bloggers at the moment. Maybe next time. ;) 

So now for my answers to the questions!

1)      What is a topic that you can talk about for hours?
Erm… generally something the other participant in the conversation is also interested in helps, otherwise I’m kind of just talking to myself which I guess can be seen as slightly psychotic if done over long periods of time. Honestly I rarely find myself talking about anything in a lot of depth, although  good films and TV shows can always get some good conversation going.

2)      What is your favorite movie?
TOO MANY FILMS. CANNOT COMPUTE.

3)      If you could go anywhere in the world and with anyone, where would you go and with whom?
My imaginary friend has always wanted to tour the world  Hmm. I think I would say my family (even though that’s more than one person so I’m cheating) because that would mean we would be going on another summer holiday this year and multiple holidays in the same summer would be awesome. And anywhere warm and sunny would be nice – Mediterranean Islands anyone?

4)      Why do you blog?
A while ago I wrote and shared several humorous articles on the Internet, which were quite well received and encouraged me to start a blog. I continue to blog because I genuinely do enjoy writing in this style.

5)      If you only had five sentences left to say before losing the ability to speak, what would you say?
Wait. What? We already started? Wait and what aren't two separate sentences! DAMMIT.

6)      Who is your favorite character in fiction?
Willy Wonka.  I would like to be his best friend.

7)      What is a song you could listen to on replay for hours?
Quite a big Queen fan, so anything there is good to listen to. Let’s go with Don’t Stop Me Now. 

8)      Describe yourself in 3 words!
Moist. Zesty. Yummy.    O.O

9)      There is a snow day and school was cancelled--what do you do?
Wish it was summer.

10)   What is your favorite book, and why?
War and Peace       Captain Underpants

11)   What is your favorite quotation?
I have a book of inspirational quotes in my bathroom which I often read on the toilet to get me through the session. Through my many toilet trips I've committed many quotes to memory, so it’s difficult to pick one. I’ll go with “Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.” It’s quite the study motivator.

(Although whenever I’m doing something particularly physical, like rolling over to get out of bed, screaming “PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!!!!!!!!!” as loud as I can helps.)

And now... 11 facts about myself.

1)      I collect models of famous buildings, with a current running total of twelve.

2)      I quite literally have a pet rock, who is currently sitting on my desk. His name is Barney.

3)      I also have a pet cactus called Dave.

4)      I’m not crazy, I promise.

5)      Did you know that Scotland is the only country in the world where Coca-Cola is not the number one most sold soft drink? It’s because we’re all obsessed with Irn-Bru. (This is basically a fact about myself.)

6)      I have a chest condition called “Pectus excavatum”. It is essentially a large hole/hollow in my chest used as a slightly unusual party trick or to carry liquids in as an alternative to a mug or glass. (Okay, no, I don’t really do this. But if society would be more accepting it could be really quite handy.) By the way, I've called it the White Hole. Because it reminds me of a black hole and because

   7)   I’m white.

   8)   I have an extremely broad music taste and can get into pretty much any genre.

   9)   I like turtles.

10)   Writing this list makes me realise I’m not a very interesting person.

11)   Umm
  
       
        Thanks again to rileysmilesify for the nomination! 


1 Response to "The Liebster Blog Award!"

  1. Nikki P says:
    13 August 2013 at 08:22

    lol, congrats on the nomination! I enjoyed reading your answers and learning more about you :)

Post a Comment